Announcing Google Apps™ for our customers
Pottawatomie Telephone Company has teamed with Google™ to offer the latest in online communications to our subscribers with Google Apps™!
Pottawatomie Telephone Company now offers the Google Apps™ suite of communication and collaboration tools FREE to our Internet subscribers. This new architecture enables services with improved capacity, security, collaboration, and flexibility with access to information from any Web browser. You can find help and learning resources at http://www.myonlinehelp.net to learn more about the advantages and benefits of Google Apps. This site includes step-by-step instructions for setting up your personal email software and smartphone to work with our new MBO.net email and Google Apps™.
Google Apps™ is a set of software applications that are hosted remotely and accessed using a Web browser, so there is nothing to download, update, or maintain on your computer. Primary applications include Google Mail, Google Calendar, Google Talk (Instant Messaging/Chat), Google Docs (word processing, spreadsheet and presentation tools), Google Sites (website creation tools), and many other applications. Pottawatomie Telephone Company also offers Google Postini™ Message Filtering, an enhanced spam and virus protection service.
How are Pottawatomie Telephone Company’s Google Apps different from the free applications that Google already offers?
While you may already be familiar with using Gmail, the integrated suite of Google Apps services offered by Pottawatomie Telephone Company come with the following benefits:
- A single location for all applications: access email, calendar, chat, document, and website tools from one location
- Increased storage: Google Apps provides 7GB of email storage
- Improved spam and virus protection: Postini is one of the leading spam and virus solutions available on the market
- Calendar sharing: customize sharing settings to meet your individual needs
- Security: more Access Controls put you in charge of who can access documents, websites, and calendar events
- Technical Support: our Tech Support Help Desk is ready to respond to Google Apps questions
- No Advertising: unlike free Gmail, our Google Apps implementation is Ad-free
- Best in Class products: Google’s platform is a Best in Class messaging service with tightly integrated supporting applications
- New product innovation: take advantage of Google’s commitment to developing new products and applications
How to access your mail
You can access your MBO.net Google Apps Web Mail and Google Apps account through our website at potelco.com, and click on the Web Mail icon.
To go directly to your MBO.net Google Web Mail account, go to https://login.mbo.net. This link also accesses your Google Postini spam or virus filtering.
FAQs and Assistance
For information on how to use your Google Account, including video demonstrations of Google Apps services, click HERE.
The Google Apps interface at https://login.mbo.net provides enhanced access to the entire suite of Google applications and removes the need to use an email client (Outlook, Outlook Express, Thunderbird, Apple Mail, etc.). However, if you prefer to use a different email program such as those listed previously, you certainly can continue to do so. The only change necessary will be to adjust some of the settings within your email program. (If you do not know what email program you are using, open your email and look at the program name in the upper left corner of your computer screen.)
If you require assistance with updating your email program, our Internet Technical Support Team is available to assist you 24/7/365 by dialing 1-877-807-9040. Once your settings have been updated, you can continue to use your existing email program as before, while still having access to premium versions of Google Apps when you want.